JWA First Time Homebuyer Series – Considerations
9 Considerations for First Time Homebuyer Home Research
So you’re ready to begin the search for your first home. These are exciting times! At Jennifer Westmoreland & Associates, we would love the opportunity to share in this time with you in helping you find a home that is just right for you. Below are 9 considerations when researching homes in the greater Athens GA area. Call today or submit a request for contact and we’ll walk you through each step! (Information via KW)
- Before you begin viewing properties, make a list of “must haves.” Consider location, style, age, amenities, etc.
- Don’t view too many properties in one day.
- When you find a property you like, visit it at different times of the day.
- Walk or drive past the property before going inside.
- Don’t be put off by interior decoration – it can be changed.
- Establish what’s included in the sale – land, furniture, appliances, etc.
- Ask why the sellers are moving.
- Determine the annual property taxes.
- Ask how much utility bills cost each month.