What Not To Do Before Buying A House
7 things you may want to try and avoid during the home buying process
The home buying process can be an overwhelming time. Often, things you think may not be important during that process could actually effect you along the way. Here are 7 things to try and avoid along your home purchase journey, via KW!
- Don’t make a major purchase. This will change your credit score and possibly disqualify you from a mortgage.
- Don’t change jobs unless it’s absolutely necessary. A consistent work history is crucial to lenders.
- Don’t give earnest money directly to a For Sale By Owner seller.
- Don’t forget to switch utilities. Call the utility companies as soon as you have a contract.
- Don’t forget to get hazard insurance as long before closing as possible.
- Don’t ignore lender requirement. Be absolutely clear on what the lender requires and take care of it.
- Do go it alone. A reliable real estate professional will help you with all the details, including ones you didn’t think of.
Have additional questions or ready to begin the home purchase process? Request a contact from Team JWA, or give us a call today!