7 Home Care Tips February 2018 in the Greater Athens Area
You can keep your home in top shape with simple tasks throughout the year.
(Information via Keller Williams)
This month, be sure to:
- 1. Clean the vent duct for your clothes dryer. Fires created by clogged dryer vents are one of the most common causes of house fires.
- 2. Test your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
- 3. Make sure you and your family members know the location of all gas shut-off valves.
- 4. Examine your thermostat. Clean the heat sensor, contact points, and contacts; check your thermometer’s accuracy and replace if necessary.
- 5. Pull out your refrigerator and clean behind the unit. Be sure to clean off the coils.
- 6. Replace or clean furnace filters.
- 7. Check your fire extinguishers. Refill or replace as needed.
- Thinking about buying or selling your next dream home? We’d be happy to help with the process! Give us a call today, or submit a request for contact. We’ll provide you with a customized purchase or sale plan for your home in the greater Athens area,