September Gardening in the Greater Athens Area
Reminders to help get your garden cleaned up
Information and photo via Keller Williams
September may be the end of the outdoor gardening season for most, but it’s also the time to prepare everything for next spring. Here are a few reminders on what you need to do to get your garden cleaned up and ready for next year!
Harvest and Transplant:
- Pick your tomatoes, even the ones that are still green, and ripen these indoors.
- Transplant your outdoor herbs into pots and bring these indoors for winter growth.
- Tender bulbs should be dug up and moved indoors to a cool and dark area.
Plant for Spring:
- When the weather cools down, you can start to plant spring flowering bulbs and peony roots.
- Divide and replant perennials that have overgrown their current space.
Clean and Compost:
- Remove and compost your annual plants that are spent.
- Rake and remove leaves.
We wish you and your family a happy Fall. Please keep us in mind if you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell real estate soon.
Copyright 2017 Keller Williams® Realty, Inc. If you have a brokerage relationship with another agency, this is not intended as a solicitation. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Equal Opportunity Housing Provider. Each office is independently owned and operated.