Preparing Your Home
The improvements put into your home will impact the buyer’s first impression, but never underestimate the power of a positive showing. We will advise you on simple and inexpensive ways to prepare your home for a showing.
Did you know well placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are?
Or that opening drapes and blinds and turning on all lights make a room seem bright and cheery?
It’s a fact: acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above others in the same price range often comes down to first impressions.
Inexpensive Ways to Maximize Your Homes Appeal
Click Here to view our detailed “Prep Your Home Checklist”
- Keep the grass freshly cut, weed and apply fresh pine straw to garden beds.
- Remove all yard clutter.
- Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
- Paint the front door.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Wash or paint home’s exterior.
- Tighten and clean all door handles.
- Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and knickknacks.
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Clean and organize cabinets and closets.
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
- Clean all light fixtures.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Open drapes in the daytime.
- Take pets for a walk or a car ride during showing.
- Play quiet background music.
- Light the fireplace (if seasonally appropriate).
- Infuse home with a comforting scent like apple spice or vanilla.
- Vacate the property while it is being shown.