You can keep your home in top shape with simple tasks throughout the year.
(Information via Keller Williams)
This month, be sure to:
- 1. Clean the vent duct for your clothes dryer. Fires created by clogged dryer vents are one of the most common causes of house fires.
- 2. Test your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
- 3. Make sure you and your family members know the location of all gas shut-off valves.
- 4. Examine your thermostat. Clean the heat sensor, contact points, and contacts; check your thermometer’s accuracy and replace if necessary.
- 5. Pull out your refrigerator and clean behind the unit. Be sure to clean off the coils.
- 6. Replace or clean furnace filters.
- 7. Check your fire extinguishers. Refill or replace as needed.
- Thinking about buying or selling your next dream home? We’d be happy to help with the process! Give us a call today, or submit a request for contact. We’ll provide you with a customized purchase or sale plan for your home in the greater Athens area,